Peruvian Green Sauce
This fresh herb sauce is amazing served with Peruvian Chicken or served over anything from eggs to salads. It's great for dipping fresh veggies in, too.
- ½ medium bunch cilantro with stems (about 24 sprigs)
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- Juice from ½ small lime
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white vinegar
- ¼ tsp + ⅛ tsp (1.5 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a Deluxe Cooking Blender or Manual Food Processor and pulse until combined. Serve the sauce with Peruvian Chicken.
- 4–6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
When served with the Peruvian Chicken U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 590, Total Fat 41 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 145 mg, Sodium 1,230 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 3 g (includes 2 g added sugars), Protein 47 g