Easy Weeknight Chili (For Rockcrok XL)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 medium onions
- 3 lbs. (1.4 kg) 90% lean ground beef
- 6 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) chili powder
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) cumin
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) salt
- 1 can (6 oz/170 g) tomato paste
- 3 cups (750 mL) low-sodium beef broth
- 3 cans (14.5 oz/411 g each) fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (16 oz/454 g each) chili beans in sauce, undrained
- Sliced green onion, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeño slices (optional)
Heat the oil in the Rockrok® Dutch Oven XL over medium heat for 3–5 minutes or until shimmering.
Meanwhile, cut the onion into chunks. Process the onion in batches in the Manual Food Processor until finely chopped.
Add the onions to the pot. Cook and stir, uncovered, for 2–3 minutes or until the onions are slightly softened.
Add the ground beef and pressed garlic. Cook over high heat for 8–10 minutes, using the Mix ‘N Chop to break the beef into crumbles. When the beef is no longer pink, drain (if necessary).
Stir in the remaining chili ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve topped with green onion, sour cream, cheddar cheese, or jalapeño slices, if desired.
- 14 servings of 1 ½ cups (375 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 310, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 1030 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Fiber 9 g, Protein 27 g
Want to make a smaller batch of Easy Weeknight Chili? Halve the recipe and cook it in the Rockrok® Dutch Oven.