Creamy Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 oz (60 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
Place garlic on cutting board. Using Garlic Smash & Paste, flatten garlic and use a rocking motion until garlic is a smooth paste-like consistency.
- Melt butter in (2.75-qt./2.6-L) Saucepan over medium heat; add garlic paste and cook 60-90 seconds or until fragrant (do not brown). Add cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly. Bring to simmer.
Stir in cheese and pepper until completely incorporated. Cook sauce 5-7 minutes or until reaches desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Serve over pasta.
- about 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
servings of about 1/4 cup/50 mL sauce
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 180, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 6 g