Mozzarella ghosts add a haunting flavor to this pizza that's sure to bring some extra spirit to any Halloween celebration.
- Oil to grease stone
- 1 16 oz (450 g) ball fresh pizza dough
- ½ cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 pkg (8 oz/226 g) low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese block
- 1 2.5 oz (75 g) can sliced ripe olives, drained (about ¼ cup / 50 mL)
- 2 basil leaves, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425°F (215°C). Brush the Rockrok® Grill Stone with oil.
Place the dough in the center of the stone. Roll the dough to the edges with the Baker’s Roller®, pressing with fingers as needed. Pierce the entire dough with the pastry tool. Bake crust 14-18 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
Meanwhile, cut the cheese block in half crosswise. Stand the cheese half up and slice the cheese into planks using the Quick Slice. Repeat with the other half.
To create the ghost shape, place the narrow loop end of the Scoop Loop over the cheese slice. Use the Quickut Paring Knife to cut around the Scoop Loop to create the ghost shape. Repeat with all slices.
- Remove par-baked crust from the oven. Spread with pizza sauce and top with cheese ghosts. Use the sliced olives to create the ghost faces. Sprinkle basil around the ghosts.
- Serves 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 slice): Calories 320, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 960 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 14 g
Use your favorite Halloween cookie cutters for other shape options.