Monster Munch Popcorn
Popcorn's gone Halloween, with candy corn, pretzels, and spooky-colored almond bark.
- ½ cup (125 mL) white or yellow popcorn kernels, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1½ cups (375 mL) mini pretzel twists
- ½ cup (125 mL) bear-shaped honey or chocolate graham snacks
- ½ cup (125 mL) lightly salted, dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- ½ cup (125 mL) candy corn
- ½ cup (125 mL) candy coated chocolate pieces
- 2 oz (60 g) vanilla-flavored almond bark
- Purple concentrated food gel (optional)
- Add the popcorn kernels and oil to the Electric Pop & Stir. Place the lid on top, then select the POP setting and cook until the kernels have popped and there’s about 3 seconds between pops, about 5–8 minutes. Transfer to a sheet pan, being careful not to add unpopped kernels; sprinkle with the salt.
- Top popcorn with pretzels, graham snacks, peanuts, candy corn, and chocolate candy.
- Place almond bark in 1-cup (250 mL) Silicone Prep Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving 30–60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds until the bark is melted and smooth. Add food coloring until the desired color is reached.
- Drizzle the melted bark over the popcorn mixture.
- Let stand 5–10 minutes or refrigerate until set.
- 15 servings servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (about 1 cup/250 mL servings): Calories 160, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 14 g, Protein 3 g
You can change up the color of the melted chocolate depending on the season or holiday!