This vegan, tomato-based curry provides 11 grams of protein so it's a great option for weeknight satisfaction whether or not you're usually a meat-eater.
- ½" (1-cm) piece fresh gingerroot
- ½ medium head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 cups/500 mL florets)
- 1 can (14.5 oz./411 g) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- ¼ cup (60 mL) raw unsalted cashews
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ small onion, quartered
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) ground coriander
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1¼ tsp (6 mL) salt
- Optional: ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cayenne pepper
- Basmati Rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) basmati rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) water, plus additional for soaking
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 can (15.5 oz./411 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- Optional Toppings
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped cashews
Grate the ginger with the Microplane® Zester to measure ½ tsp (2 mL). Add the ginger and remaining curry ingredients (excluding the add-ins) to the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Replace and lock the lid. Turn the wheel to select the HEATED PUREE setting; press the wheel to start.
Add the rice to a medium bowl and add water to cover. Let the rice soak for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse the rice with the Fine Mesh Strainer.
Add the rice, water, oil, and salt to the 3-qt. (3-L) Micro‑Cooker® Plus. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 15 minutes.
Let the rice stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
When the timer on the blender is up, press CANCEL. Remove the vented lid cap and carefully add the add-ins. Replace the cap and press the PULSE button once or twice to combine.
Serve the curry over the rice and garnish with cilantro and cashews.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 920 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g, Fiber 7 g, Total Sugars 8 g (includes 1 g added sugars), Protein 11 g