Enrichables Pesto Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- 1½ cups (375 mL) flour, plus additional as needed
- 1 packet Enrichables Pea Protein
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- Pesto (see cook's tip)
- 1 oz. (30 g) Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) olive oil
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 packet Enrichables Kale Fiber
- 4 oz. (125 g) part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 cup/250 mL)
- Optional toppings: sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced bell peppers, arugula
Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C)
In large bowl, combine dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in yogurt and Enrichables Pea Protein; mix until combined (mixture will look dry).
Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead dough 4 minutes, sprinkling with additional flour as needed. Shape dough into a ball.
Roll dough into a 12” (30-cm) circle on a Pastry Mat using a lightly floured Baker’s Roller®. Brush Rockcrok® Grill Stone with oil and transfer the dough onto the grill stone. Roll out dough to edges. Pierce entire surface of dough using pastry tool.
- Bake crust on the lowest rack of the oven for 14-16 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Place basil, pine nuts, and garlic in Manual Food Processor; cover and pump handle until finely chopped.
Add oil, Parmesan, salt, and black pepper; process to desired consistency, removing lid and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary using Mini Mix ‘N Scraper®.
Carefully remove the blade and stir in the Enrichables Kale Fiber.
Remove stone from the oven and top with the pesto, mozzarella, and optional toppings. Bake for 6-9 minutes or until the crust is deep golden brown.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
US Nutrients per Serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 620 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 18 g
You can substitute the pesto with 1 package (7 oz./200 g) prepared basil pesto.