Think lasagna’s a chore? This recipe makes it easy by layering frozen ravioli instead of noodles. You’ll love how quickly it comes together—and that it’s only $3 per serving.
- 1 jar (32 fl. oz./946 mL) pasta sauce
- 1 can (15.5 oz./411 g) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian seasoning
- 36 oz. (1 kg) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 pkg (16 oz./450 g) frozen spinach, thawed and firmly squeezed dry
- 16 oz. (450 g) mozzarella cheese,coarsely grated (4 cups/1 L)
- Garlic Twists
- 1 pkg (13.8 oz./391 g) pizza dough
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Garlic Parmesan Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- To make the sauce, combine the pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and Italian seasoning in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Spoon a third of the sauce into the bottom of the Stone Rectangular Baker. Place a third of the ravioli over the sauce in a single layer. Crumble half of the spinach over the raviolis. Top the spinach with a third of the cheese. Repeat.
- Place the final layer of raviolis over the top of the cheese. Spread the remaining sauce over the ravioli and top with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll the pizza dough and cut into 8 equal strips. Fold the strips in half and twist into 6" (15-cm) sticks. Place on the Stone Serving Tray.
- Microwave the butter in a small microwave- safe bowl for 30–45 seconds, or until melted. Stir in the seasoning. Brush each twist with the butter.
- With 15 minutes of cooking time remaining, place the tray on top of the baker. Bake until the garlic twists are cooked through and browned, about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the baker from the oven. Let the lasagna rest, with the tray on top, for 10 minutes.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 1,200 mg, Carbohydrate 58 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 10 g (includes 2 g added sugar), Protein 21 g
Using refrigerated ravioli cuts down the cooking time. Follow the instructions and in step 4, cook for 25–30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Wrap your leftovers in foil and freeze. After thawing in the refrigerator, bake, covered, at 350°F (280°C) for 25–35 minutes, then uncovered for 10 minutes.
Want to add even more flavor? Try using meat- or spinach-filled ravioli instead of cheese.