These vegetarian tacos are filled with cheesy mashed potatoes, cooked in an air fryer for the perfect crispiness, then topped with a cool, chili lime crema.
- 12 oz. (350 g) russet potatoes, about 2 medium, peeled and cut into 1" (2.5-cm) chunks
- 1½ cups (375 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2–3 (30–45 mL) milk
- 2 oz. (60 g) pepper jack cheese, coarsely grated (½ cup/125 mL)
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 8 6" (15-cm) corn tortillas, warmed
- Oil for spritzing
- Chili Lime Crema
- ¾ cup (175 mL) sour cream
- 2 oz. (60 g) queso fresco or farmer cheese
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Chili Lime Rub
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for serving
- Optional: Coleslaw mix
Microwave the potatoes and water in the 2-qt. (2-L) Micro-Cooker®, covered for 10–12 minutes. Drain. Add the butter, milk, garlic powder, and salt. Mash until smooth; fold in the cheese.
Place 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the potato mixture onto each tortilla and fold. Spritz the outsides with oil.
Arrange 4 tacos onto the Deluxe Air Fryer cooking trays. Place the trays on the top and bottom racks and cook on AIR FRY for 10 minutes, rotating halfway through.
Mix the ingredients for the Chili Lime Crema in the Manual Food Processor until smooth.
Let the tacos cool for 3–5 minutes before serving. Top with crema, and if you like, some coleslaw mix and cilantro.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 290 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 3 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 9 g
Have leftover mashed potatoes? Use them up in this recipe and save 10 minutes of prep time. Combine 1½ cups (375 mL) mashed potatoes with ½ cup (125 mL) grated pepper jack cheese and ¼ tsp (1 mL) garlic powder. If the mixture is stiff, you can add a little milk.