Broccoli Cheddar Soup With Cheddar Biscuits
Comfort in a bowl. This creamy soup is loaded with fresh veggies, easy to make, and ready in about 30 minutes. The 3-ingredient biscuits are a perfect match.
- 2½ cups (625 mL) low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 6 cups (1.5 L) broccoli florets (2 large heads)
- ½ medium onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 oz. (125 g) cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (250 mL) self-rising flour
- ¾ cup (175 mL) heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Add the soup ingredients, in the order listed, to the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Replace and lock the lid. Turn the wheel to select the SOUP setting; press the wheel to start.
When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Remove the vented lid cap and carefully add the add-ins. Replace the cap and hold the PULSE button for 30 seconds, or until the ingredients are well combined.*
Meanwhile, grate the cheese with the Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater. Combine the biscuit ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined (the mixture will be dry).
Serve the soup with the biscuits.**
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (1 cup/250 mL soup and 2 biscuits): Calories 320, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 1,000 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 3 g, Protein 15 g
If you’re having trouble fitting all 6 cups (1.5 L) of broccoli into the pitcher at the beginning, pulse the first 4 cups (1 L) of broccoli to break it up. Then, add the remaining broccoli before starting the SOUP setting.
* The pitcher will be hot during and after cooking. Do not touch the hot glass.
** Use the pitcher handle and helper handle to tilt and lift the pitcher up from the base. Remove the lid away from your body and use the pitcher handle to pour the food.