Holiday Popcorn Crunch Bark
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 10-12 cups (2.4 L - 2.8 L) popped popcorn
- 1 cup (250 mL) mini pretzel twists
- 12 oz (350 g) vanilla- or chocolate- flavored almond bark or candy melts (see cook's tip)
|Coconut Macadamia||1 1/2 cups (375 mL) toasted sweetened coconut (see cook’s tips)|
1 cup (250 mL) lightly salted, macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup (250 mL) blue candy coated chocolate pieces
|Peppermint||7 large candy canes or 20 peppermint hard candies, coarsely crushed|
1 cup (250 mL) red & green candy coated chocolate pieces
|*Gingersnap||1 cup (250 mL) pecans, coarsely chopped|
16 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed (1 cup/250 mL)
1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
|Double Chocolate Mint||16 fudge-covered mint cookies, coarsely crushed (1 cup/250 mL)|
1 cup (250 mL) dark chocolate & mint morsels
- Choose a variation. Spray bottom of Large Sheet Pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place popcorn in large Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl, being careful not to add unpopped kernels. Place pretzels in small resealable plastic bag; seal. Using hands, break up into smaller pieces and add to mixing bowl.
- Place almond bark in large Silicone Prep Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1½ minutes; stir. Continue microwaving 1–1½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. (*If preparing Gingersnap Variation, stir ginger into bark).
- Pour melted bark over popcorn mixture. Mix gently with Small Mix 'N Scraper until evenly coated. Add remaining mix-ins and mix gently.
- Pour popcorn mixture onto pan, spreading evenly. Refrigerate, uncovered, 5–10 minutes or until set. Break into pieces and serve. Store at room temperature in airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
- 32 servings of 1/2 cup/125 mL average of all
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 132, Total Fat 7.5 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 74 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g
You can find almond bark in the baking section of your grocery store. Candy melts can be found in specialty craft stores.
You can use the Electric Pop & Stir to make popped popcorn. Add ½ cup (125 mL) popcorn kernels and 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil to the pan. Place the lid on top, then select the POP setting and cook until the kernels have popped and there’s about 3 seconds between pops, about 5-8 minutes.