Cappuccino Mousse Trifle
- 1 (16-oz) thawed frozen prepared pound cake (or 2 frozen prepared pound cakes, 298 g each)
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) cold milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) instant coffee granules
- 2 pkgs (3.4 oz/102 g each) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided (6 cups/1.5 L)
- 1 square (1 oz/30 g) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
Cut pound cake into 1-in. (2.5-cm) cubes; set aside. Whisk together milk and instant coffee granules; let stand 5 minutes or until dissolved. Set aside 1 cup (250 mL) of the milk mixture. Add pudding mixes to remaining milk mixture; whisk until pudding mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in half of the whipped topping.
To assemble trifle, place half of the cake cubes into bottom of Trifle Bowl, pressing down gently. Pour half of the reserved milk mixture evenly over cake cubes. Top with half of the pudding mixture. Grate one-third of the chocolate over pudding mixture. Repeat layers one time. (Reserve remaining chocolate for garnish.)
Reserve 1 cup (250 mL) of the remaining whipped topping for garnish. Spread remaining whipped topping over entire top of trifle, creating a smooth surface. Pipe rosettes around edge of dessert with reserved whipped topping. Grate remaining chocolate in center; sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- 10 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 440, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 15 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber less than 1 g