Use & Care
- Wash prior to first use; top rack dishwasher-safe.
- Foods such as sweet potatoes or carrots will discolor board. Hand wash immediately after use to minimize discoloration. For more stubborn stains, clean area with a bleach cleanser. Allow cleanser to sit on affected areas for 5 minutes and then thoroughly wash in warm, soapy water.
- Choose desired “use” position:
- Hold by handle, resting nonskid feet on flat surface at an angle.
- Over a bowl, aligning grooves with top of bowl.
- Rest on side lengthwise.
- Prep food by trimming off stems; peel as needed. For longer strips, hold food lengthwise. For shorter strips, hold food vertically.
- To begin using, slide food back and forth. Rotate food as needed to avoid grating seeds (examples: when grating apple, zucchini or yellow squash).
- As food gets thinner, open hand and use palm to push foods. Discard small piece to prevent fingers from having contact with grates.
Quick and Easy Recipes & Tips:
- Vegetable Primavera: Grate 1 of each: eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash and carrot. Place in large microwave-safe vessel; cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes or until tender. Toss with 1 jar (6 oz./75 g.) of your favorite pesto.
- Quick Eggplant Parmesan Pasta: Grate one eggplant and stir in 1-cup (250 mL) marinara sauce. Place in 2-qt. (2 L) microwave-safe vessel; microwave covered, on HIGH for 4–5 minutes. Stir in your favorite cheese, such as grated mozzarella, Parmesan or ricotta and top with crushed croutons.
- Cauliflower “rice”: Cut cauliflower into quarters and grate the florets only. Use grated florets as a substitute for rice in burrito bowls, stir fries or even fried rice. To cook “rice”, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add “rice”, cover and cook until tender. Add desired herbs or sauces to season.
- Speedy Hashbrowns: Grate one Russet potato and spread over a preheated greased griddle; press down firmly to pack with turner. Cook 5-6 minutes; flip using two turners. Cook an additional 5–6 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. For zucchini hash browns, mix in 2 tbsp (30 mL) of finely grated Parmesan cheese with 1 grated zucchini. Follow same directions as potato hash browns.
- Lite Caramel Apple Snack: Grate 1 apple and drizzle 2 tbsp (30 mL) caramel or butterscotch topping over the apples. Or sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Use grated apples as a simple snack, or use as a topping over oatmeal, yogurt or ice cream.
Other fun uses:
- Replace noodles in Lo mein dishes with long grates of zucchini or yellow squash.
- Add grated sweet potato, apple or zucchini to quick breads, pancakes, or spice cake batters.
- Make a simple cold noodle salad with long grates of carrots, parsnips and apples. Toss with your favorite vinaigrette.
- One-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.
Made in Germany