Use & Care
Use and Care Instructions
- Wash pitcher, infuser and lid prior to first use; pitcher, infuser and lid are dishwashersafe. Prior to cleaning, remove infuser from pitcher and disassemble by rotating top portion counter clock-wise and lift off.
- Neoprene sleeve is machine washable warm with like colors. Lay flat to dry. Do not use bleach.
To use for hot tea:
- Wrap neoprene sleeve around pitcher lining up the zipper with the spout. Position bottom part of zipper at narrowest portion of glass pitcher and zip up. Pull sleeve down into position to fit glass pitcher. Always use neoprene sleeve when using with hot liquid.
- Assemble infuser and place inside pitcher.
- Add 4 teaspoons (20 mL) or 4 tea bags to the infuser to make a full pitcher (32 fl. oz/1 L). If less tea is desired, refer to tea instructions for water and tea quantities.
- Pour hot water over tea in the infuser; fill up to the line located on the infuser. See illustration (note: look within the pitcher opening to view; fill line is indicated beneath the arrows). When using pitcher with hot water, always use a protective oven pad or trivet under the pitcher.
- Place lid on pitcher by lining up opening on lid with spout on pitcher; place lid securely on pitcher to keep steam inside during steeping. Steep times will vary depending on tea.
- When steeping is complete, carefully remove lid and infuser. Set infuser aside and place lid back on top of pitcher to keep steam from escaping. Serve.
- To make fresh iced tea: Prepare hot tea in pitcher as directed above. Remove tea leaves or tea bags from infuser. Fill infuser with 2 cups (550 mL) ice. Store in refrigerator overnight.
- When using tea bags, cut off paper tab at end of string and place the bags in the infuser.
- To infuse water: Fill infuser with desired fruit, vegetable, herb, thinly sliced citrus, cucumber, berries or fresh mint. Pour cold water to fill line on infuser. Store overnight in refrigerator for best flavor. Remove infuser and serve. Also works well to infuse flavors into iced tea or lemonade.
- If lid is not in use on the glass pitcher, invert the lid to use as a drip tray for the infuser.
- To remove any discoloration from infuser, let soak in hot vinegar for 20 – 30 minutes then wash in hot soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
Made in China