Pan-Roasted Vegetables with Spinach
- 2 lbs (1 kg) fingerling potatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby carrots
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Citrus & Basil Rub (see Cook's Tips)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 small lemon
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 pkg (5 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves (about 5 cups/1.25 L)
- Salt and black pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut larger potatoes in half crosswise. Wedge onion.
Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender.
Remove baker from oven to cooling rack. Top vegetables evenly with spinach. Drizzle broth mixture over spinach. Toss spinach and vegetables until spinach is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g
Petite red or Yukon gold potatoes can be substituted for the fingerling potatoes.
Lemon Rosemary Rub can be substituted for the Citrus & Basil Rub.