Greek Cucumber Noodle Salad
Classic Greek salad gets a spin with spiralized cucumber!
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried oregano leaves
- ⅛ tsp (.5 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 English cucumbers, cut in halves or thirds
- 1 small red onion (or ½ medium red onion), peeled and ends trimmed
- 1 pint (2 cups/500 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar (6 oz./170 mL) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ¼ cup (50 mL) Kalamata olives, pitted
- 4 oz. (125 g) crumbled feta cheese
To prepare the dressing, add all the dressing ingredients into the Measure, Mix & Pour® and pump the handle to combine; set aside.
Spiralize the cucumbers with the fettuccini blade on the Veggie Spiralizer. Snip the cucumber noodles occasionally to shorten the strands. Place the cucumber noodles into the large colander of the Salad & Berry Spinner. Place the colander into the outer bowl, then blot any excess moisture with a paper towel. Allow excess water to drain prior to assembling the salad.
Using the ribbon blade, spiralize the red onion, then cut the spirals in half. Rinse the red onion under water to remove the bite. Drain and set aside.
Slice the tomatoes in half using the Close & Cut and the Coated Chef’s Knife.
Combine the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, and cheese. Toss to combine. Drizzle the mixture with half of the salad dressing and serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- 8 servings of 1 cup/250 mL
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 cup/250 mL): Calories 120, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g