Sausage and Apple Herbed Stuffing
Turkey just isnt complete unless it is passed with a pan of aromatic stuffing.
- 1/2 lb (250 g) bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup (125 mL/1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced celery
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped onion
- 1 package (14 oz/370 g) herb-seasoned cubed stuffing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped apples
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lemon Rosemary Rub
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each or 900 mL) chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place sausage into (10-in./25-cm) Skillet; cook over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove Skillet from heat and transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate. (Do not drain Skillet.)
Add butter to Skillet; heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until foamy. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
In Stainless (6-qt./6-L) Mixing Bowl, combine stuffing, cranberries, apples, seasoning mix and sausage. Add vegetable mixture and broth; toss until moistened.
Spoon stuffing into Deep Covered Baker. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Carefully remove lid using Oven Mitts, lifting away from you; bake an additional 30 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown and heated through.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 210, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 720 mg, Fiber 3 g
To make this stuffing in the Brownie Pan, bake the stuffing cups uncovered, at 350°, for 15 minutes.