Classic Greek Salad
This salad is a fresh, easy option for lunch. Add some cooked chicken to turn it into a simple dinner.
- 1 small romaine heart, trimmed (about 4 oz./125 g)
- ½ seedless cucumber, cut in half (about 4 oz./125 g)
- 1 plum tomato, cut in half
- ¼ cup (50 mL) pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Basic Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice (about ½ a lemon)
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) dried oregano
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup (125 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Add the romaine, cucumber, and tomato the colander of the Salad Cutting Bowl and rinse. Add the olives. Place the cutting platform on top of the colander and twist until the notches are aligned.
Flip the bowl over and use the Coated Chef’s Knife to cut along the slots. Gently lift the colander and turn it one quarter turn; slice again. Continue turning and slicing until produce reaches the desired size. Place the colander into the bowl.
Pour the basic vinaigrette and remaining dressing ingredients into the condiment container and shake until combined. Add dressing and toppings to the condiment container side of the cutting platform and place it on top of the bowl. Cover with the lid.
When you’re ready to eat, slide out the colander to pour the salad into the bowl. Add dressing and toppings.
- 1 servings of (3 cups/750 mL salad plus dressing)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 420, Total Fat 27 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 1,100 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Fiber 7 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 13 g