Green Goddess Pasta Salad
A great summer pasta salad packed with vegetables and a creamy green goddess dressing.
- Pasta Salad
- ½ pkg (8 oz/454 g) rotini pasta (2 1/3 cups/575 mL)
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes
- ½ seedless cucumber, sliced into half moons
- ½ avocado (remaining is used in the dressing)
- ½ can (15.25 oz./432g) black beans, drained and rinsed (3/4 cup/175 mL)
- ½ can (15.25 oz./432 g) corn drained and rinsed (3/4 cup/175 mL)
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- Green Goddess Dressing
- ½ cup (125 mL) low-fat sour cream
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Green Goddess Seasoning
- 2 tsp (10 mL) white wine vinegar
- ½ avocado
- Cook the pasta according the package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine the dressing ingredients with an immersion blender and blend until smooth.
- Slice the tomatoes and remaining avocado with the Cup Slicer.
- Add the vegetables, corn, beans, and dressing and mix to combine. Top with the cheese.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 420, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 560 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fiber 6 g, Sugars 6 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 12 g
You can add 1 cup (250 mL) of cooked shredded chicken for added protein.
Make extra dressing and use it throughout the week for salads or as a dip for veggies!
We used rotini pasta because it holds the sauce nicely, but you can use any short pasta like shells, elbow macaroni, penne, or radiatore.
You can double this recipe and serve it in the On-the-Go 5-qt. (4.7-L) Serving Bowl. When doubling the dressing ingredients, use 3 tbsp (45 mL) of Green Goddess Seasoning!