Brussels Sprouts Bites with Bacon Jam
- 2 slices uncooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sherry vinegar
Cook the bacon in 12” (30-cm) Executive Skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels. Drain grease from skillet; reserving 1½ tbsp (22 mL) of the bacon drippings.
Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) dripping back to skillet. Add onions, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, and thyme. Cook over medium-low, 2-3 minutes, or until onions are tender. Remove mixture from skillet.
Crumble bacon into a small mixing bowl. Add onion mixture, preserves and vinegar; mix well.
Heat remaining drippings in the skillet. Add Brussels sprouts. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 8-9 minutes, or until crisp-tender, turning halfway through cook time.
- 10 servings of 3 pieces
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 90, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 55 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 6 g, Protein 2 g
This bacon jam is so versatile. You can try it with crackers or even over baked brie.