- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (about 2 shallots) or green onions with tops
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth (reserved from Herb Seasoned Beef Rib Roast)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Melt butter in (10-in.) Sauté Pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir mushrooms, shallots, thyme and vinegar 2 minutes. Add beef broth mixture; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thickened. Serve with Herb Seasoned Beef Rib Roast.
- 1 3/4 cups servings of 3 tablespoons
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 40, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 0 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Balsamic vinegar is an Italian vinegar made from white Trebbiano grape juice. Its dark color and pungent sweetness come from aging in barrels over a period of years. You will find it among other vinegars on the supermarket shelf.
Shallots are available year round in the produce department. They resemble small, dried onions with reddish-brown skins having purple-white cloves underneath. Remove the papery skin before chopping.