Zucchini Frittata For Two
The Microwave Egg Cooker makes this frittata for two come together so quick and easy!
- 2 Slices uncooked bacon, diced
- 1/2 small zucchini, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely diced onion
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
Divide bacon into wells of Microwave Egg Cooker. Cover with a paper towel. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels; drain grease
Spiralize zucchini with the thick fettuccine blade on the Veggie Spiralizer. Divide evenly into wells of egg cooker. Top with onion. Microwave on HIGH 1- 1 minute 30 seconds or until crisp-tender.
- Whisk egg whites in a small bowl. Stir in half of cheese and salt. Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Microwave on HIGH 1-3 minutes or until eggs are no longer wet on top or bottom.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, bacon and tomatoes.
- 2 servings of 1 Frittata
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 140, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 590 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 17 g
Egg whites have fewer calories and fat than eggs and are cholesterol-free! Whites are high in protein and also contain potassium, magnesium, calcium zinc and iron. They’re a good source of riboflavin and selenium with essential vitamins such as folate, B12 and niacin.