Chicken & Sweet Potato Pad Thai
This gluten-free sweet potato noodle dish curbs your Thai craving without the guilt!
- 1 1” (2.5 cm) piece peeled fresh gingerroot (1 tbsp/15 mL grated)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) smooth cashew, almond, or peanut butter
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup (50-125 mL) water (see cook’s tip)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pad Thai
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, ends trimmed, and cut into halves or thirds (about 1¾ lbs./750 g)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 3 cups (750 mL) small fresh broccoli florets (about 8 oz/250 g)
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked diced chicken
- Green onion slices, chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts or lime wedges to garnish (optional)
Combine all the sauce ingredients in the Manual Food Processor, and process until well blended. Set aside.
Heat the oil in the 12” (30-cm) Executive Nonstick Skillet over medium-high heat for 3–5 minutes, or until shimmering. Add the bell pepper, broccoli, and chicken. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the sweet potatoes, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5–7 minutes, or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Remove from the heat. Mix the sauce into the noodles. Garnish as desired.
- 4 servings of 1¾ cups (425 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1¾ cups/425 mL): Calories 410, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 460 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugars 8 g, Protein 31g