- 3/4 cup (175 mL) ranch salad dressing
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced red bell pepper
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 g) torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole kernel corn
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and diced (optional)
For dressing, combine salad dressing, jalapeño pepper, seasoning and lime juice in small bowl; whisk until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For salad, slice olives and dice bell pepper on Cutting Board. In large serving bowl, combine lettuce, olives, bell pepper, beans, corn and chicken. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat. If desired, top with avocado. Serve immediately.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 260, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 17 g, Sodium 570 mg, Fiber 4 g