Minestrone Pasta Bowl
Inspired by classic Italian minestrone, this all-in-one meal is perfect for lunch on the go or a simple dinner for one.
- 2 oz. (60 g) ditalini pasta
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ can (14.5 oz or 398 mL) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained (about 13/4 cups/425 mL)
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Bell Pepper Herb Rub
- ¾ cup (175 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth (6 oz./175 g)
- ½ cup (125 mL) canned chickpeas or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ oz. (15 g) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup/125 mL)
Chop the celery and carrot with the Food Chopper.
Combine the pasta, vegetables, tomatoes, rub, and chicken broth in the Microwave Pasta Cooker. Cover with the lid and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes.
Remove the bowl from the microwave and add the beans. Cook, uncovered, for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave, top with cheese and let stand for 2–3 minutes.
- 1 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 900 mg, Carbohydrate 68 g, Fiber 12 g, Sugars 15 g, Protein 24 g