Spinach Carbonara Pizza
Carbonara, a creamy white sauce flavored with bacon, gives this pizza a deliciously unconventional look and flavor.
- 1 pkg (13.8 oz/283 g) refrigerated pizza crust
- 6 slices bacon, divided
- 8 cups (2 L) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 oz (30 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) jarred Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz/250 g), divided
- Additional coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Unroll dough over bottom of lightly greased Large Bar Pan or Shallow Baker. Gently stretch and press dough to cover bottom of pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust begins to brown; remove bar pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, slice bacon into 1/4-in. (6-mm) pieces; cook in (8-in./20-cm) Sauté Pan over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels. Place spinach and garlic pressed with Garlic Press into Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Carefully remove lid; press spinach to side of batter bowl using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Blot excess moisture with paper towels and set aside.
Grate Parmesan cheese using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater; set aside. Finely chop half of the bacon using Food Chopper. Combine Alfredo sauce, chopped bacon and black pepper in (2-cup/500-mL) Easy Read Measuring Cup; mix well.
- To assemble pizza, spread sauce to edges of crust; top with half of the mozzarella cheese, spinach mixture and remaining bacon. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and additional black pepper, if desired.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 470, Total Fat 28 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 21 g, Sodium 1380 mg, Fiber 3 g