Tortellini Chicken Soup
Here’s a cozy comfort food with real Italian flair. This reduced-fat recipe is especially appreciated on a cold winter day. So flavorful, and yet so easy!
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 can (46 oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup cheese-filled tortellini, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, snipped
Slice carrots with Crinkle Cutter. Chop onion with Food Chopper. Slice celery with Chef's Knife. Lightly spray (4-qt.) Casserole with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Cook chicken over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients except parsley. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer over medium-low heat 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Meanwhile, snip parsley with Professional Shears. Just before serving, remove bay leaf and stir in parsley.
- 6 servings of 1 1/2 cups soup
Nutrients per serving:
Approximately 211 calories and 5 grams of fat per serving