Italian Meatball Burgers
Thanks to our Burger & Slider Press, these meatball-flavored burgers come together quick!
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh parsley
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry Italian-style bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup (50 mL) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese (1 oz/30 g)
- 1 egg
- 1½ lbs (700 g) 90% lean ground beef
- 8 oz (250 g) bulk mild Italian pork sausage
- Canola oil for spraying pan
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1½ cups (375 mL) marinara sauce
- 8 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
Press the garlic with the Garlic Press into the bowl and add the remaining burger ingredients (expect the buns) and mix until thoroughly combined.
Place half of the buns, cut-side down, into the pan and heat for 30–60 seconds, or until they're lightly toasted. Repeat with the remaining buns. Remove the buns from the pan and set aside.
Spray the Burger & Slider Press with oil. Using ½ cup (125 mL) of the meat mixture, press the meat into a patty and place onto the pan. Repeat with the remaining meat mixture until you have 8 total burgers.
Cook for 3–4 minutes (on one side) or until grill marks appear.
Place the marinara sauce in the Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 1–2 minutes, or until warmed.
Turn the burgers over. Top them with cheese and marinara. Cook for 2–3 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 160°F (71°C). Place burgers on buns and serve.
- 8 servings of 1 burger with bun
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 490, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 920 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 33 g