Baked Spiral Ham with Apple-Bourbon Glaze
This spiral ham is perfect for all your holiday get togethers!
- 1 8-lb (4 kg) fully cooked spiral ham
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 can (12 oz/350 g) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plus 1-2 tbsp (15-30 mL) whiskey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 275ºF (135ºC). Place the ham cut-side down in the Covered Roaster. Pour water in the pan, cover with the lid, and place in the oven.
Lower the heat to medium and reduce for 25–30 minutes, until the liquid becomes a thick, syrupy consistency. Set aside to cool for about 35–40 minutes.
Brush the glaze onto the ham with the Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Bake an additional 5–10 minutes. Add the remaining 1–2 tbsp whiskey to the remaining glaze; whisk and serve as a sauce with the ham.
- 32 servings of 4 oz/125 g
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 210 , Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Sodium 1130 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 24 g
In addition to ham, this versatile glaze can be used on pork chops, ribs, and barbecued chicken.