Sous Vide Turkey Burgers
This burger recipe from RealFoodByDad is the perfect way to get the whole family excited about dinner. Check out our interview with Matt Robinson for more tips for picky eaters!
- 2 lb (1 kg) ground turkey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Bell Pepper Herb Rub
- 1 tbsp (15mL) soy sauce
- 4 burger buns
- 1 tbsp (15mL) canola oil
- Optional toppings: Sliced tomato, sliced onion, lettuce, pickles, ketchup, mustard
Fill the inner pot of the Deluxe Multi Cooker with water 1" (2.5 cm) below the ½ fill line. Lock the lid and select SOUS VIDE. Set the temperature to 140°F (60°C) for medium burgers and the timer for 2 hours; press and hold START.
- Combine the turkey, rub, and soy sauce in a large bowl.
- Divide the mixture into four 8-oz. (250-g) patties that are about ¼” (6 mm) wider than the buns (see cook’s tip).
- Place the patties in a single layer in a large resealable freezer bag with space between each burger. Remove the air and seal the bag. When you hear beeps and ADD is displayed on the Deluxe Multi Cooker, open the lid and submerge the bag. Lock the lid and press START. When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Carefully remove the bag.
- Remove the burgers from the bag, pat them dry, and let them rest briefly.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the burgers and sear until they’re well browned, about 1–2 minutes per side.
- Serve the burgers on buns with optional toppings, if you’d like.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 490, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 155 mg, Sodium 810 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars3 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 49 g
Burgers shrink a little as they sear. So, if you make the patties a little wider than the buns, they’ll be the perfect size once they’re cooked!