Easy Oven-Roasted Chicken
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Arrange potato, onion and carrots in a single layer in bottom of Deep Covered Baker. Pour water over vegetables. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken, breast side up, on top of vegetables. Combine oil and garlic; brush over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with rosemary, thyme, salt and black pepper.
Cover with lid of baker, bake 45 minutes; remove lid. Continue to bake an additional 15-30 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180°F in meaty part of thigh and juices run clear. Remove from oven. Transfer chicken and vegetables to serving platter. Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 480, Total Fat 32 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 150 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 38 g, Sodium 340 mg, Fiber 2 g