Chicken & Broccoli Ring
- 1 package (8 oz/250g) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely chopped cooked chicken from Balsamic & Onion Roast Chicken
- ¾ cup (175 mL) coarsely chopped broccoli
- ½ cup (125 mL) or 2 oz (60 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (50 mL) diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Unroll crescent rolls; separate into eight triangles. Arrange triangles, slightly overlapping, in a circle on Personal Size Round Stone with wide ends 3" (7.5 cm) from edge of baking stone (points will extend off the edge of the baking stone.). Roll wide ends of dough toward center to create a 3" (7.5 cm) opening.
Using Large Scoop, scoop filling evenly over dough in a continuous circle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough at center to form a ring. (Filling will show.) Lightly brush dough with egg white using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush; sprinkle with almonds. Bake 25–30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 430, Total Fat 27 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 20 g, Sodium 700 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 11/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 medium-fat meat, 3 fat (11/2 carb)
Dill weed is an herb with a fresh, distinctive flavor and has been used in cooking for thousands of years. Use it in salad dressings, breads, sauces and vegetables.
Dried dill weed can be substituted for the All-Purpose Dill Mix, if desired.
The Small Round Stone is the perfect size to prepare personal pizzas and smaller quantities of food for smaller families.