Pressure Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
With homemade meatballs, flavorful veggies, and couscous, this pressure cooker soup is comfort food done right. Plus, you can make it for $3 per serving!
- Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb. (450 g) ground turkey
- ½ cup (125 mL) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into ½" (1-cm) pieces
- 4 cups (1 L) firmly packed kale leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 8 cups (2 L) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz./411 g) diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¾ cup (175 mL) pearl couscous or orzo
- Optional: Grated Parmesan cheese
Combine all the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Form into 16 meatballs.
- Set the Deluxe Multi Cooker to SEAR on high for 25 minutes. Heat the oil in the inner pot for 3 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and sear on all sides, for about 15 minutes, or until well browned, rotating every few minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, carrots, kale, garlic, seasoning, and salt to the inner pot. Cook and stir, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pot, for 2 minutes, or until the onions are slightly softened. Press CANCEL.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the inner pot. Set to SOUP for 7 minutes. When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Press STEAM RELEASE.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese, if you’d like.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 1,310 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 4 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 19 g
Speed up your meal by using frozen meatballs. Add them with the remaining ingredients in step 5.
You can use fresh or frozen spinach instead of the kale.
Make a big batch of the turkey meatballs ahead of time and freeze them. You’ll have precooked meatballs to add to this soup, pasta, or even meatball subs.