Caramelized Apple & Bacon Pizza
Fall flavors come together for a pizza that’s sweet, savory, cheesy, and budget-friendly!
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) oil for brushing
- 1 lb. (450 g) fresh pizza dough or 5-minute dough (see cook’s tips)
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced into ¼" (6-mm) pieces
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into ¼" (6-mm) pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 4 oz. (125 g) Gouda or mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated (1 cup/250 mL)
- 2 cups (500 mL) arugula or baby spinach leaves
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) lemon juice
- Optional: ¼ cup (60 mL) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, feta, or goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Brush the Large Round Stone with oil. Place the dough in the center of the stone. Stretch or roll the dough to the edges, pressing with your fingers as needed.
- Cook the bacon in the 10" (25‑cm) Nonstick Fry Pan over medium heat until crispy, about 6–8 minutes. Move the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate using a slotted spoon to reserve the bacon fat.
- Add the onion, apples, and brown sugar to the pan. Cook over medium heat, gently tossing, until slightly softened, about 4–5 minutes.
- To assemble the pizza, evenly top the dough with the cheese, then top with the onion and apple mixture. Sprinkle with the cooked bacon.
- Bake for 13–15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, toss the arugula and lemon juice in a mixing bowl until coated. Top the pizza with arugula and Gorgonzola, if you’d like, just before serving.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 310, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 670 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 8 g (includes 2 g added sugar), Protein 12 g
You can make this pizza with our Pizza Crust Mix. Prepare the crust according to the package directions.
You can find a recipe for 5-Minute Dough on our website. If you’re using this recipe, par-cook the dough for 7 minutes, then continue as the recipe directs.