Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice
- 1 lb (450 g) boneless beef top sirloin steak, flattened and cut into thin strips
- 1 1-in. (2.5-cm) piece peeled fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped broccoli
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced red bell pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) hot cooked rice
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) teriyaki baste and glaze
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced green onions with tops
Using toothed end of Meat Tenderizer, flatten steak; slice into thin strips using (7-in.) Santoku Knife. In large resealable plastic food storage bag, combine steak, gingerroot and garlic; seal bag and marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
Add 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil to Stir-Fry Skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add half of the steak mixture; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until outside surfaces of steak are no longer pink. Remove from Skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and steak mixture.
Add broccoli, mushrooms, carrot and bell pepper to Skillet; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add rice, teriyaki baste and glaze and green onions; stir until combined. Return steak mixture to Skillet; stir and serve immediately.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 220, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 650 mg, Fiber 1 g