Turkey Pasta Pie
Your family will look forward to leftover turkey when you prepare it with vegetables and a spaghetti “crust.”
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 cups leftover turkey, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray Deep Dish Baker with canola oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Transfer to Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the Alfredo sauce, Parmesan cheese, eggs and black pepper; toss well to coat. Spoon spaghetti mixture into baker; spread evenly over bottom and up sides of baker, forming a 1-inch rim. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
Meanwhile, melt butter in (10-in.) Skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, bell pepper, green onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add turkey; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir in remaining Alfredo sauce.
Spoon turkey mixture over pasta to within 1 inch of edge. Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 340, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 155 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 22 g, Sodium 580 mg, Fiber 1 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 1/2 starch, 3 meat, 1 fat (1 1/2 carb)