Chicken with Maple-Mustard Glaze
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4-6 oz/125-175 g each)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cider vinegar
Spray (10-in./24-cm) Skillet with vegetable oil; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Season chicken on both sides with salt and black pepper. Add chicken to Skillet. Cook 10-12 minutes until golden brown and no longer pink in center, turning once. Remove chicken from Skillet; cover and keep warm.
Pour broth into Skillet; stir to loosen browned bits using Stainless/Silicone Flat Whisk. Simmer until reduced by half. Add syrup and mustard; simmer until sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter, parsley and vinegar; whisk until smooth. Add chicken back to skillet; coat well with glaze. Serve immediately.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 210, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 27 g, Sodium 460 mg, Fiber 0 g