Chicken, Bacon & Ranch Pizza
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ranch dressing
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 16 oz (450 g) frozen prepared pizza dough, thawed (see Cook’s Tip)
- 2 small vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
Prepare grill for indirect cooking over medium-high heat. Combine chicken, dressing, pressed garlic, salt and black pepper in medium bowl; toss to coat.
Generously sprinkle Pastry Mat with cornmeal; place dough onto center of mat. Roll dough to an 12-in. (30-cm) circle. Place dough onto BBQ Pizza Pan; gently stretching to cover bottom. Top crust with chicken mixture and tomatoes; sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon.
Place pizza pan on grid of grill. Grill, covered, 18-22 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown, rotating pan occasionally for even grilling. Remove pan from grill. Sprinkle evenly with green onion. Cut pizza into 12 slices.
- 6 servings of 2 slices
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 470, Total Fat 26 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 880 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 26 g
For best results, let pizza dough stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before rolling it out.