All-in-One Spaghetti & Meatballs
- 2 slices white sandwich bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 lb (450 g) 90% lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese (2 oz/60 g)
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian Seasoning Mix
- 4 cups (1 L) beef stock
- 1 jar (24 oz or 650 mL) marinara sauce
- 1 lb (450 g) uncooked spaghetti noodles, broken into thirds
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- Nonstick cooking spray
Place torn bread into Manual Food Processor and process until finely chopped.
In a large mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs with remaining meatball ingredients; set aside.
Combine spaghetti ingredients in All-Purpose Pot; cover and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
Once pasta mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat to medium; remove lid. Stir and place Steamer on pot. Cook, covered, 6-9 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
Remove Steamer to hot pad or trivet. Stir pasta to break up strands. Pour meatballs into pot and stir until combined. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 440, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 840 mg, Carbohydrate 53 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 27 g
You may substitute 1 lb (450 g) 93% lean ground turkey for the ground beef and chicken stock or chicken broth for the beef stock.