Turkey Taco Sliders
This kid-friendly meal mashup is a great way to help the whole family eat healthy.
- 1 can (16 oz or 398 mL) low-sodium pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb (450g) 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) low-sodium taco seasoning
- 12 mini slider buns, (6"/15-cm) corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, salsa, guacamole, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and tortilla chips
Place the beans into a large bowl and use the Mix ‘N Chunk to mash.
Add the turkey, cheese, bread crumbs, and seasoning. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Using the Medium Scoop, place two scoops of meat mixture into the press. Gently press the meat onto a cutting board. Repeat with the remaining meat mixture. (You may need to spray the press more than once to prevent sticking.)
Heat the Executive Nonstick Double Burner Grill over medium heat for 3–5 minutes. Grill the sliders for 3–4 minutes per side, or until the centers of the sliders are no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Serve on mini slider buns, or cut the sliders in half and serve in tortillas. Top with optional toppings.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
(1 slider with slider bun): Calories 240, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 4 g, Protein 15 g
Need a little sauce for your sliders? Mix ½ tsp (2 mL) of low-sodium taco seasoning with ¼ cup (50 mL) Greek yogurt. This makes a great dip for chips too!
To make this recipe without the pinto beans, reduce the bread crumbs to ½ cup (125 mL). This will make 8–9 sliders instead of 12.