Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Fresh and packed with flavor and texture, these chicken lettuce wraps are a delicious and quick meal you can have on the table in no time!
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 1 lb. (450 g) chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Pad Thai Mix
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated, plus more for garnish
- 3 green onions, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 8 butter lettuce leaves (about 1 large head)
- Optional toppings: Cilantro leaves, chopped peanuts, sesame seeds, lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2–3 minutes. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then add it to the skillet. Cook for 3–4 minutes, or until browned. Flip the chicken, add red bell pepper, and cook it for another 3–4 minutes, or until the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Meanwhile, stir the Pad Thai Mix, water, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl.
- Add the mixture to the skillet with the chicken. Bring it to a simmer over medium heat and continue cooking until the sauce has slightly thickened. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the carrot and green onions.
- To assemble the wraps, fill each piece of lettuce with a scoop of the chicken and pepper mixture. Then, top them with extra shredded carrot, sliced green onions, chopped peanuts, cilantro leaves, sesame seeds, and a lime wedge, if you’d like.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 500 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 12 g (includes 9 g added sugar), Protein 27
Pick Your Protein: Swap out sliced chicken for beef, shrimp, tofu, or extra veggies!
Top It Off: Get creative with your toppings! Choose anything from pickled red onions to spicy chili sauce.
Think Differently: Not feeling lettuce wraps? You can serve this delicious meal on top of rice, noodles, or even tortillas.
Recipe Developed for TasteBuds
Exclusive Seasonings and New Recipes Delivered Every MonthShop >