Spinach and Artichoke Pizza
This recipe transforms spinach dip into a melty, crispy pizza. It makes eight servings, so it’s perfect for family night or sharing with friends.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornmeal, divided
- 1 pkg (11 oz./325 g) refrigerated thin pizza dough
- 1 jar (6 oz./340 g) quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 oz (175 g) low moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated (1½ cups/375 mL), divided
- 2 oz (60 g) Parmesan cheese, finely grated (1 cup/250 mL)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- Optional: Red pepper flakes for topping
Insert the grill plates into the Deluxe Electric Grill & Griddle. Set to "GRILL" for 3 minutes.
While the grill is preheating, sprinkle ½ tbsp (7 mL) of the cornmeal on a cutting board. Unroll the pizza dough onto the board and sprinkle the top with the remaining cornmeal. Combine the artichokes, spinach, ¾ cup (75 mL) of the mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, yogurt, cream cheese, garlic, and salt.
When the grill has preheated, gently fold the dough in half and place it on the bottom plate, then unfold and adjust the dough to fit within the grill. Close the lid and cook for 2–2½ minutes or until it's light golden brown (the crust will be partially cooked at this stage). Leave the crust on the grill.
When the crust is done, press CANCEL. Select "CUSTOM" for 9 minutes. Press TOP/BTM. Set to 480°F (250°C) on the top and 250°F (120°C) on the bottom. Once the plates have preheated, spread the spinach mixture over the crust. Top with remaining mozzarella and hover the top plate over the pizza to melt the cheese, about 7–9 minutes.
Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if you’d like.
- servings of 8
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 680 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 3 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 13 g
If the dough doesn’t fit perfectly on the bottom plate, you can fold the excess dough to make it fit. For this recipe, you can also use 1 lb. (450 g) of prepared pizza dough or our 5–Minute Dough. If you’re using either dough, increase the grill time to 3 minutes in step 3.