Pizza Monkey Bread
This fun pull-apart pizza bread is a great way to get the kids cooking in the kitchen!
- ½ can biscuit dough (about half a 16.3 oz./680 g pkg)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) garlic powder
- 12 pepperoni slices
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups (375 mL) pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut or tear the biscuit dough into 30 equally sized pieces. Roll each piece to form a ball and place into a medium bowl.
- Place the butter and garlic powder in a small bowl and microwave until the butter melts, about 30 seconds. (To keep the butter from “popping” and making a mess, use a low temperature setting and check the butter every 15 seconds.)
- Pour the melted garlic butter over the dough balls and gently toss with your hands.
- Place three dough balls into the bottom of each well of the Silicone Cupcake Pan. Tear each pepperoni piece in half and put 4 halves on top of each well. Sprinkle half the cheese evenly over the wells.
- Place the remaining dough balls, 2 per well, on top and gently press down. Top with the remaining cheese. (The wells will not be full, but the dough will puff up as it bakes!)
- Bake for 16–20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing the monkey bread from the pan. Serve with pizza sauce.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 810 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 5 g (includes 3 g added sugar), Protein 6 g
You can substitute the pepperoni with cooked sausage, veggies, or your other favorite pizza toppings!