Who wouldn't want to eat their veggies when they're tossed with pasta and a delicious cheesy sauce?
- 8 oz (250 g) uncooked spaghetti noodles
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) heavy whipping cream
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lemon Pepper Rub
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 oz (60 g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz (60 g) Parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup/125 mL), divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh small broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Break noodles in half. Combine noodles, broth, cream, garlic pressed with the Garlic Press and rub in Deep Covered Baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 14-17 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring once halfway through. Meanwhile, cut carrots into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Cut bell pepper lengthwise into strips; cut carrots and bell pepper strips into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces.
Carefully remove baker from microwave using Oven Mitts. Add cream cheese and 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the Parmesan cheese to baker; mix well. Stir in carrots, bell pepper, broccoli, peas and parsley. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 380, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 12 g, Sodium 690 mg, Fiber 3 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 high-fat meat, 3 fat (2 carb)
If desired, store-bought lemon-pepper seasoning can be substituted for the Lemon Pepper Rub.