Lazy Lasagna Chili
Preparing lasagna is no longer a time-consuming process when you have this tasty “chili” recipe at your fingertips.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage (4 links)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cans (14-14 1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups (4 ounces) uncooked pasta nuggets (radiatore)
- 2 tablespoons snipped basil (optional)
Coarsely chop zucchini and onion using Food Chopper. Set zucchini aside. Remove casings from sausage; discard casings. Cook sausage, onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in (4-qt.) Casserole over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
Add spaghetti sauce, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 7 minutes. Stir zucchini into chili; cook 2-4 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat; stir basil into soup, if desired. Ladle soup into bowls; serve with Garlic Crostini, if desired.
- 8 cups
6 servings of 1 1/3 cups
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 280, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 18 g, Sodium 1500 mg, Fiber 3 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 1/2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat (1 1/2 carb)