Honey Sriracha Chicken
This sweet-and-spicy chicken and vegetable stir-fry will satisfy your appetite for adventurous comfort food. And it’s $3 per serving.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6 pieces), cut into thirds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Honey Sriracha Seasoning
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) gluten-free, low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60 mL) honey
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- Optional: Green onions, chow mein noodles, lime wedge, cooked rice
- Heat the oil in the 5-qt. (4.7-L) Nonstick Saute Pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken, undisturbed, for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and broccoli and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Combine the seasoning, soy sauce, honey, and lime juice. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Reduce the heat to medium and bring to a simmer, tossing often.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl to create a slurry. Slowly stir the slurry into the pan. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking until sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice with sliced green onions, chow mein noodles, and a lime wedge, if you’d like.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 310, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Sodium 680 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 14 g (includes 11 g added sugar), Protein 32 g
Try it with chicken breast, sliced pork, beef, or tofu to change things up!
Serve the leftover chicken pieces on sweet rolls for a quick and flavorful lunch slider!
If you have leftover spaghetti or other cooked noodles, toss those in at the end for a pasta spin.