Barbecue Chicken & Coleslaw Wraps
Beautiful, quick, AND delicious? Sign us up!
- ¼ cup (50 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Smoky Barbecue Rub
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 small red onion
- 1½ lbs. (700 g) chicken tenderloins
- ¼ head cabbage (8 oz./250 g)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple
- ¼ cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 8 10" (25-cm) flour tortillas
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Use the Quick Prep Food Grater fitted with the slicing blade to slice the onion into a medium mixing bowl. Add the chicken and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the marinade and toss to coat.
Heat the Nonstick Double Burner Grill and Grill Press over medium heat for 3–5 minutes. Add the chicken to one side of the pan and the onion to the other side. Cover the chicken with the grill press and cook for 6–8 minutes, turning the chicken once and stirring the onions occasionally.
Meanwhile, use the slicing blade to slice the cabbage to measure 3 cups (750 mL). Use the coarse grating blade to grate the carrot and apple.
Add the cabbage, carrot, and apple to the remaining marinade and stir to coat. In a separate small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper.
To assemble the wraps, spread 2 tsp (10 mL) of the mayonnaise mixture onto each tortilla and top with about 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the coleslaw and 1–2 chicken tenders.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (1 wrap): Calories 410, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 700 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugars 10 g, Protein 26 g