Apple Cider Sangria
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups (750 mL) chilled fresh apple cider, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 medium green or red apple, cored
- 1 large navel orange
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1 bottle (750 mL) chilled white wine (such as Pinot Grigio)
Place cinnamon sticks, 1 cup (250 mL) of the apple cider and honey in 2-cup (500 mL) Silicone Prep Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2 minutes. Carefully remove bowl from microwave. Pour cinnamon sticks and cider into Quick-Stir® Pitcher. Place in refrigerator until ready to combine.
- Cut apple and orange in half lengthwise. Cut the apple into slices using the Quick Slice. Cut orange half into slices with a knife; reserve one half for another use.
Add all of the fruit, remaining apple cider, and wine into the Pitcher; stir. Place the lid on pitcher and plunge gently.
Pour sangria into glasses; serve with ice. Top with some of the fruit, if desired.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
(8 fluid oz. each): Calories 140, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 0 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 6 g, Protein 0 g
For a non-alcoholic version, substitute 3 cups (750 mL) lemon or orange sparkling water for the wine.
For optimum flavor, refrigerate sangria for several hours or overnight before serving.