This versatile dough comes together quickly and is simple to customize with your favorite herbs, zest, or pesto!
Use it on a Grill Stone, in a conventional oven, or in a Waffle Puff Pan.
- 1½ cups (375 mL) flour, plus additional as needed
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- Flavoring (optional, see cook's tip)
- ¼ tbsp (7 mL) olive, canola or vegetable oil to grease stone
In large bowl, combine dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in yogurt and flavoring (if desired); mix until combined (mixture will look dry).
Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead dough 4 minutes, sprinkling with additional flour as needed. Shape dough into a ball.
FOR GRILLING FOR WAFFLE PUFF PAN
- • Preheat grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- • Roll dough into a 12” (30-cm) circle on a Pastry Mat using a lightly floured Baker’s Roller®. Brush Rockcrok Grill Stone with oil and transfer the dough onto the grill stone. Roll out dough to edges. Pierce entire surface of dough using pastry tool.
- • Place Grill Stone on the grill. Grill, covered, 9-13 minutes or until bottom of crust is golden brown, rotating Grill Stone halfway through grill time. Remove Grill Stone from grill.
- • Flip crust and top with your favorite toppings. Grill 4-6 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Remove Grill Stone from grill.
- • Divide dough in half and roll out each ball of dough onto the Pastry Mat to 8” (20 cm) discs.
- • Pre-heat Waffle Puff Pan on medium heat for 2 minutes. Flip and heat for 1 minute. Spray both sides of the waffle maker with oil using the Kitchen Spritzer.
- • Place the dough in the waffle maker and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the waffle maker over and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat this step with the remaining piece of dough. Remove with Nylon Fork.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 150, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 380 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6 g
Here are some easy ways to flavor your crust: Stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh herb or 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon zest into dry ingredients. Or, stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) prepared pesto into yogurt.