Deviled Egg Toast
Two classic and comforting dishes combine to create a delicious and quick snack to share with all your friends and family.
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 g) frozen garlic bread, cut in half for 4 pieces (tops and bottoms)
- 8 hard boiled eggs, sliced in half
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Optional toppings: sliced red onion, crumbled bacon, chopped parsley, pickled jalapeno
- Place the frozen garlic bread onto two racks of the Deluxe Air Fryer. Place the racks on the top and middle shelves. Set to AIR FRY for 7-9 minutes. Rotate the trays halfway through. (Garlic bread can also be made in the oven following the package directions.)
- Meanwhile, combine the egg yolks, avocado, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth.
- When the garlic bread is done, cut it into slices (about 12 slices total)
- Spread the toast with the egg mixture, place a tomato slice on top, and finely grate the leftover egg whites on top.
- Top with any extra toppings, if you’d like.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 255 mg, Sodium 510 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 14 g
Make traditional deviled eggs by spooning or piping some of the avocado deviled egg filling into the cooked egg white halves.
Try using the avocado spread as a unique condiment for a turkey sandwich, BLT or burger!